Top 10 Mobile App Analytics Tools for Taking Your App Business To The Next Level
- Google Mobile App Analytics
- Firebase Analytics
- Apple App Analytics
- Amazon Mobile Analytics
The mobile app industry is progressing to reach a mature stage. And amid the pressures of the growing competitive market, app user analytic services and tools have become increasingly significant. In our research roundup, we sought to sum up the best mobile app analytical tools currently ruling the industry. Let’s explore what some of these mobile app analytics tools offer.
i. Google Mobile App Analytics
Google’s mobile app analytics tool is one of the most commonly used tool as far as measuring app engagement, user interactions and optimizing the overall experience goes. Other than monitoring user data, the Mobile App Analytics Tools also make effective use of some of the industry’s most advanced user demographics algorithms. And that involves Google Mobile App Analytic reporting their data under four categories; Acquisitions, User session info, Engagement tracking and Outcomes.
- It’s a free tool
- App makers get an acute understanding of user demographics
- Possible conversion tracking through integration with Google Play
- Available only for Android and iOS platforms
Countly is another high ranking tool that has carved a name for itself in dispensing in-app analytics and metrics ranging from push notifications to user profile segmentation. In particular, its responsive UI provides a real-time analytics platform that is available for hosting on the developer’s infrastructure.
- Available for a wide range of platforms, i.e., Android, iOS, Blackberry, and Windows Phone
- It’s an open-source platform
- Real-time reporting on app user engagement and retention metrics.
- Offers flexibility by allowing app developers to create their unique plugins
- Requires paying for an Enterprise Edition
Mobile app developers may be pleased to know that Mixpanel excels in providing loads of analytical tools starting from funnel analysis, marketing automation; cohort analysis to in-depth analysis of real-time user data. You can expect the Mixpanel SDK segmentation tools to help you analyze on running A/B testing, new users metric, client engagement, and use of triggered notifications.
- Consistent in tracking app user metrics through the cohort analysis
- The segmentation tools are essential in optimizing data
- Developers can tie their mobile app analytics to the web and vice versa
- The free version is limited (25,000 data points/month).
iv. Firebase Analytics
Firebase is also a free and open-source analytical toolset focused on rendering detailed insights on app crashes, performance, in-app purchases, attribution, and audience demographics. Apart from reporting what goes on inside the app, Firebase also let the developers combine behavioral reporting of the users, to the app growth campaigns, and devise new strategies to market the app.
- It’s free and unlimited without a usage quota
- Flexible enough to allow for custom setting of user properties.
- Run advanced data analysis through the BigQuerying option.
- The dashboard can be overly-complex for beginners
v. Apple App Analytics
Apple App provides data with insights for the IOS platform devices. Currently, the free mobile app analytic tool handles three basic sets of the app data: usage, sales, and App store data. From this analytics, developers can identify different aspects of downloads, app revenue, usage, and marketing channels.
- Provides free services to IOS and tvOS apps
- User tracking is done through Apple ID to provide precise and authentic data
- Developers also get access to an Mobile App Analytics Account
- Only works for iOS devices
The analytical engine behind Fabric is a product of Twitter’s app development team, now owned by Google. The mobile app statistics platform has become a robust service where developers can get access to a suite of tools that allows them to organize, interpret, and act on real-time app event data.
- Free service
- Creation of custom audiences allow the exploration of user insights
- Historical and real-time data is available to unearth trends on user app behavior
- Availability of alerts through emails, and push notifications
- Restricted only to mobile apps
Piwik differs with most mobile app analytical tools since it allows developers to keep all their data by placing the apparatus on their servers instead of funneling the service to third-party entities such as Google. The Piwik SDKs provide the app developers on different platforms detailed information regarding their apps’ user demographics (active, new and non-active), device information, and the app performance.
- Real-time tracking of app data on user profiles
- High level of privacy for the app information
- User-friendly API and UI
- Free and open source
- Piwik Pro requires a subscription.
Flurry operates as a free mobile app analytics tool resourceful in tracking and analyzing the app portfolio and activities. You can check on in-app actions and visualize emerging usage trends and analyze user actions. Besides, Flurry lets you segment the user demographics according to a broad category of options such as the app version, installation date, language, gender, usage, and geography.
- The Flurry Personas option categorizes users to allow for easy identification of trends
- The machine learning feature dispenses very accurate predictive analysis
- Free for a wide range of platforms
- Difficult to identify errors with lack of notifications
DevMate is a set of mobile app developer tools built by MacPaw Inc. Under its platform, DevMate offers app developers a metric tool to handle comprehensive app metrics. These include the app’s number of visits, user downloads, and app sales. The three parameters would then have DevMate generate reports on the funneling performance, revenues, and conversion rates.
- Offers mobile app analytics for up to five apps
- Automatic licensing and order fulfillment is available for apps
- Availability of advanced crash and app error reporting for developers
- Available only for Mac OS devices
x. Amazon Mobile Analytics
Amazon Mobile App Analytic Tool is a mobile app analytics services bent on offering an easy collection, visualization, and understanding of app usage data at whatever the scale. With this tool, the developer can track the aggregate metrics, user/customer behaviors, identify client trends and generate data visualizations of the information.
- Free for events under 100 million
- Developers can run campaigns to improve user engagement through Amazon Pinpoint
- Export raw data and conduct custom analysis thanks to Amazon S3 and Amazon Redshift
- Payable for event analysis that surpasses 1 million
Cost of mobile app development is always a big concern and also a fuzzy question that TechTIQ Solutions has always received during last 6 years helping startups in SEA in web and app development. To help startups in Singapore to understand what they are going to pay for, we come up with this in-depth research which details of the mobile app development cost in Singapore.
“We started from an idea, grew into a purpose, became a goal, and then a reality”
Are you ready to take your business online? We have a dedicated team of developers and access to the latest technological tools to make that transformation as seamless as possible.
We are happy to answer any question you may have and also provide you with an estimate on any software development project for your business.
Fill in the Contact Form beside with your project details and look out for our reply within 24 hours.